A Bullet Journal Tour


I've been saying for a while now that I'll do a blog post all around my bullet journal so here we are, with everything going on I've literally just started a brand new one and got it all up and running, and now have nothing to put in it! Typical. So some of the pictures are ones from my old bullet journals to show you what some of the pages I usually do look like, I think this is my third or fourth bullet journal now so I've been doing this for a good few years! 

So what exactly is a bullet journal you ask! It's essentially a home-made diary or journal that you design and make yourself tailored to your needs. I use mine as a diary, a notepad and a doodle pad all in one really so you can use it for everything. The basic premise is here on this youtube video if you want a completely basic one, but over my time of doing this I've become obsessed with pinterest (follow my pinterest here for ideas!) and youtubers like AmandaRachLee who do bullet journalling and make theirs look absolutely beautiful, so it's a bit more than your everyday journal but like I said, it's completely up to you what it looks like and what goes in it, you can go from completely basic to extremely extra, your choice! 


The first set up I always do in every journal is my future log. This is where I look back at the beginning of every month and see where I'm at. I write appointments, dates to remember and everything else here to remind me to write it in my monthly spread. I find this incredibly helpful for my scattered brain, as with my bullet journal I usually only do a few weeks or one month drawn at a time, so if something comes up I have no where to write it down, so in it goes into the future log for me to remember and pop into the month when it's drawn up. 






So next comes the monthly spread pages, I usually do a little quote and an intro to the month page with the month and the calendar for that month written on it so I can have a quick outlook at the month and dates, it's also a nice place to start my theme for that month, so for my old journal in the top two pictures I went with a full blown space sketchy theme and included a similar themed quote, and then for April it was my favourite things, as it is my birthday month. 

For my new journal in the last two photos I went with a simplistic lavender sprig theme with pastel pinks and purples. So as you can see from the April and March monthly spreads, the next two pages are organising my month, so I usually either do a two page landscape spread in square boxes, or I do the ones above where I write the numbers of the month down one side and then put the appointments and things next to them to see what I'm up to that month and I can quickly glance at that to see what I'm doing that month.


Then I do my daily pages, where I write down what I'm up to from a day to day basis, whether it be birthdays, appointments, plans, chores to do etc and keeping myself up to date with what I'm doing. I don't usually continue my theme throughout the daily pages as to be honest, I can never really be bothered, but I put a little lavender sprig this month to keep up with it a little.


Then there comes my random pages like the first image in this post and the one above. I like to write a lot of my lists and plans in my bujo, so like above I wrote my books I've been reading over the last year, I have a birthday page for me to flick back and have a look whose birthday is coming up. Last night I did a whole star wars double spread drawing R2-D2 and BB-8 in there, so it's for allsorts really. I just like to keep myself busy especially with such rough times ahead of us, and doing lists and meal plans, weekly shopping lists, to-do lists etc keeps me busy and getting creative. 

Getting creative and keeping myself busy is definitely keeping me sane lately with coronavirus issues, so if you're looking for a new little project, definitely check it out! I'll leave a list of supplies below for you guys, let me know if you try it out! 

Meg x 



Meg

No comments :

Post a Comment

leave a comment!